Tuesday, March 10, 2009

If you are tasked to manage a virtual company, how will you handle the following:

HIRING

When I hired virtual assistant, I can be sure to ask for referrals from their past and present clients, hire from a virtual staffing company/agency. I never hired a virtual worker I haven’t met.
Ultimately, face-to-face interaction is important to me in building (or solidifying) the kind of relationship people has working together.
I also find person who are equipped with the latest software (and lots of it), multiple phone lines, Internet, e-mail, fax machine, cellular phone, copy machines, scanners, and a great attitude. He or she should use all of the latest technology to communicate with me and get my work done as quickly as possible.
He speaks my language, and understands my corporate culture. The best thing is, he frees of me every possible workload that can be handled online, thus imparting me ample time to devote to my core business.
Virtual assistants (VAs) work from their own premises and provide personal and office support services, such as general administrative tasks; making customer contacts; writing reports; editing documents; sending out marketing materials; handling thank-you notes, gifts and follow-up letters; setting up and maintaining databases; handling billing and bookkeeping; and updating Web sites.

CULTURE

A culture is the values and practices shared by the members of the group. Company Culture, therefore, is the shared values and practices of the company's employees.
Review your mission, vision and values and make sure the company culture are designing supports them.
 To achieve results like this for my organization, first I have to figure out what my culture is, decide what it should be, and move everyone toward the desired culture. The first thing I’m going to do is to look around. How do the employees act; what do they do? Look for common behaviors and visible symbols like listening to my employees, my suppliers, and my customers. I’m going to pay attention to what is written about my company, in print and online. These will also give me a clue as to what my company's culture really is.

COMMUNICATION

Communication is fundamental to any form of organizing, but it is preeminent in virtual organizations. Without communication, the boundary-spanning among virtual entities would not be possible.
A virtual company is one group where the employee and the manger are across distance but still communicated each other through electronic communication. Electronic communication enables parties to link across distance, time, culture, departments, and organizations, thereby creating "anyone/anytime/anyplace" alternatives to the traditional same-time, same-place, functionally-centered, in-house forms of organizational experience.
If I were the manager of virtual company I always exert an effort to connect with my people or firms to produce new and/or qualitatively different communication that yields product or process innovation.

No comments: